Monday, February 20, 2012

MTV rounds out their top 10 hottest MCs list.



After releasing their list artist by artist, the list is finally complete, and goes like this:
10- Wale
9- Wiz Khalifa
8- Big Sean
7- Meek Mill
6- Jay-Z
5- Lil Wane
4- Nicki Minaj
3- Kanye West
2- Drake
1- Rick Ross

I think this list is interesting. That's the only words I can come up with for it. I agree with a lot of it. Wale had a huge year, Wiz Khalifa made Rolling Papers which had huge mainstream success (and then regained the respect of many Taylors when he apologized for it), Big Sean released Finally Famous, Meek Mill had a big year even without having an album out, Jay-Z and Kanye had Watch the Throne, and Drake has had large mainstream success as well. However....Nicki Minaj? Really? I realize Pink Friday sold a lot, but her music is just so awful. Lyrically she's just garbage. I don't necessarily disagree that Rick Ross is a good MC but...number one on the list? His Maybach Music Group has hit huge but still. I'm just not sure where that one came from. Kind of way out of left field to me. What are your guys' opinions? Let us know in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment